Sunday, May 5, 2013

"Make It Memorable" by Bob Dotson - Reading/Questions



ASSIGNMENT FOR FRIDAY:
Regarding the book by Bob Dotson, Make It Memorable: Please read the introduction and Section One (pages 3-41). Then, answer the following questions and be sure to exceed the requested word counts:

o What do you notice about the way he writes?

I absolutely love the way Mr. Dotson writes. The way he writes makes it easy for almost anyone to relate too. He does a wonderfully job of building off of what he already has said.  It makes him a lot more credible and doesn't make me feel like I can’t trust this persons’ writings.  He also fleshes out what he writes and makes it a lot easier to understand what his point is.  I really admire that in a author of any kind.


o What did you learn from reading pages 9 to 27?

What I took away from reading this was if I remember a lot of what I hear then I can instantly tell a better story.  The way he would remember things made it better than bits and pieces from a story.  It was the whole thing.  His advice that he gave towards the beginning of the book (The rule of thirds, Filling the Silence and Non-question/Question) where really helpful in my opinion.  My favorite was the Non-question/Question, I loved the story about that prince and his dad.  


o With the scripts: What do suppose is described in each column? Why would it be split like that? What else is interesting about the scripts?

The way Dotson wrote was super unique.  He really doesn’t follow anyone’s rules.  Some parts of the book where really “by the book” kind of writing and others were what I would do to get more organized.  It makes me relate back to the intro where the guy talks about how Dotson really does do his own thing, and I think this book expresses that perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment